Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Surgery of the foreskin of penis. How long will it take to heal and normalise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Hi I have done a Surgery on my penis, I have cut down the upper part(Foreskin) of my penis as it was not coming down hence i done the same & have cut the same, it was done on 19th of may 2012 right now stcihes has been done, SO just want to confirm how much time it will take to get it normal.
Posted Sun, 17 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 44 minutes later

I understand your query and concern.
Now it is 10 days post surgery.
U can do regular household work. U can go back to work. Take healthy diet including fresh fruits, fruit juices and vegetables.
Kindly take regular showers and pls apply water to the penis (pls don’t cover up to protect it)
If the doctor has given an ointment, pls apply on the part.
The stitches may take upto a month to fall off completely.
Kindly refrain from sexual intercourse for about a month.
If the open part is sensitive to ur underwear, pls use a small cloth to wrape it and use underwear.
Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back for any further queries.
Get well soon.
DR G Srinivasan.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Surgery of the foreskin of penis. How long will it take to heal and normalise? 17 minutes later
Right Now they has done a dressing on that part ,, and i am not wearing underwear also & wearing Very clothes which are not tight, Kindly suggest me some more precoursion,
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

If the doctor has decided to keep the dressing, there's some meaning like infection OR EXCESSIVE SENSITIVITY. But i think u need to take showers. You can wear inner-wear. Kindly take guidance from your surgeon regarding the above.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor