question-icon

Surgery for peritonitis done. Suffering from pain and severe bowel movements. What to get relief?

Posted on Wed, 5 Sep 2012
Question: I had surgery for perotinitis in 2004. According to the suregon they needed to remove about 13' of intestines due to infection. I am still suffering with pain and have several bowel movements every morning. Is there anything I can do? I've tried a diet of rice and greens and lactobasillas and still no improvement.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (7 minutes later)

I would like to know what exactly was the reason for the surgery.

What infection lead to peritonitis and what was the histological finding in the removed intestines.

As some conditions can recur with the cut ends being the nidus of recurrence of the problem you had in past.

I shall be more specific , if you can provide me some more details on thee cause for surgery in 2004.

Anticipating your response.
Dr. Raju A.T