Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Suicidal tendencies after infidelity. How can external social influence of thoughts be avoided?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1015 Questions
hi doctor,
I have been into a relationship with a girl for the last 3 years. A few months back, I was too busy with some work and some other family problems that I was unable to take care of her. She got involved with another guy during that period as she got depressed because of my behaviour. However, after much explanations and persuasions she came back. But nowadays, she tells me that she wants to be with me but she feels like as if she is making a compromise. She says that there is nobody else in her life. She feels like as if she will die right now. Now I take care of her in every way, physically, emotionally and financially. Sometimes she says she is very happy with me and indeed she is but then sometimes she says that she is depressed. She has recently made new friends in her office and I feel she is getting influenced by them. I dont know what to do. I have cried a lot because of her behaviour and feel like killing myself.
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

I advice you to speak with her and try to solve the problem, without interacting it is difficult for both of you to solve this issue.

It will be great if you take some time from your work and both of you go for small trip. It will be better if you spend some quality time together and i think that will be enough to solve your problem.

It is very common to feel anxious when you feel worried and stressed about many everyday events and activities. Often the things you are worried about are small or not important. This type of worry disrupts your life most days. Anxiety most of the time will be responsible for depression.

Presently i don't think you need any treatment try to follow the above mentioned advice. If you feel it is not working then i advice both of you to see psychiatrist.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor