Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Suggested to do homogram test for acne. Pimples are increasing. What is the exact problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
my doctor has suggested me to do some homogram test for Acne purpose in the face, i have done with test later on he told me that there is no problem with your blood but still day by day pimples getting increasing so am really not knowing what is the exact probleem in my face.

Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,
Thanks for the query.
I think it is haemogram test.
Actually acne has no relation to any defect in blood.
It happens due to blockade of sebaceous glands.
As the sebaceous glands are more on face and back, Acne appears in these areas.

At your age the sebaceous glands are very active and hence chance of blockade also increases.
Once you reach an age of around 25 years, this problem will subside.
Till that time you need to control this using anti acne creams.

You can use Nilac AC gel (adapelene) in night and faceclin ( clindamycin) gel in morning.
This will help you.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggested to do homogram test for acne. Pimples are increasing. What is the exact problem? 2 days later
Thank you sir, i will do the same...
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor