Suggested siphene 100 mg, modus 10 and ovacare forte A+B for irregular period. Are they effective?

Dr. Nandita Thakkar

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: Docot has suggested me to take siphene 100 mg from 3rd day. Will it be effective or anyside effect of this?
I was having the irregula period problem. Doc. has suggested to take modus 10 for 10 days and ovacare forte A+B for 1 month.
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 14 minutes later
Hello
thank you for writing to HCM
If you are planning a pregnancy its a good drug, safe as its being used over the last 4 decades and almost no major side effects reported

Ovacare is prescribed to help the formation of the eggs in the ovary

Modus - medroxy progesterone acetate is given for a withdrawal bleed in women having irregular cycles

You can use the drugs depending on your problem, if its fertility related then siphene is a better option.
if its only to deal with irregular periods then - other medications like the combined estrogen and progesterone pill may be suggested

hope to have answered your query

dr XXXXXXX thakkar

Follow up: Dr. Nandita Thakkar 46 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX for your answer.

I am planning for the pregnancy, I got married 1.2 year back(Nov. 2011).

My last period date was 4th Dec.
Current period date is 6th an

As per my suggestion, I have get the below test done.

TSH -- 3.07 uIU/ml
Prolactin--19.87 ng/ml
Complete Haemogram-- all the values are with in limit.
Urine test -- all are clear.

Ultra sound Lower Abdomen( Description on reports as below)

Urinary Bladder appears normal, no mass and calculus seen
Uterus is in normal in size
Both ovaries are in normal size with Polycystic Apperance

No adenexal mass seen
No free fluid seen in POD.

Can you see any issue in pregancy? Please suggest/advise any care which I should take.

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 7 minutes later
hello again

The blood tests are fine

The ultrasound suggest polycystic ovaries

you can try out one more cycle with siphene
if you do not get pregnant then i will suggest you do extended tests of your hormones and a fasting blood sugar and fasting insulin

hope to have answered your query
dr XXXXXXX thakkar

Follow up: Dr. Nandita Thakkar 32 hours later
Thanks Doc. for your Answer.
I have some more doubts about.

Today I visited doctor. She has prescribed the Tab. Progynova 2 mg for 5 day(morning- Evening).Do you see any side effect of this medicine.

she has asked me for got follicular monitoring and take a injection of profi(not able to read the full name)

Can you see any side effect of any of these medicine?

Thanks in advance for your support.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 12 hours later
hello again

I think you should follow the instructions of your gynaecologist and believe in the treatment you take too

All the medications prescribed in appropriate doses are usually safe and have no major side effects
If however you are not convinced and have noted any problems after the medication please discuss with your consultant so that the doctor is aware

wish you all the best

Dr Nandita Thakkar