PCOD .Right ovarian cyst is very small and left ovary has multiple small follicles. First of all,need to treat with Ovulation induction drug like Tab..."/>

Suggested laproscopy surgery for ovarian cyst. Is this the safe way to treat ovarian cyst?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem
Question: i have completed 5 years of marriage life. My wife is not able to conceive because of ovarian cyst. doctors has suggested to go for laproscopy surgery. size of cyst of Right ovary is 28X 22 mm and left ovary - multiple small follicles noted. Is this the best way to treat ovarian cyst. Please provide advice regarding this. We are very much
thank you
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. S Patra 52 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Your wife is suffering from Primary Infertility due to ovulation problem associated with ovarian cyst or ovary-syndrome/0000" >PCOD.Right ovarian cyst is very small and left ovary has multiple small follicles.
First of all,need to treat with Ovulation induction drug like Tab Comiphene citrate or others.In unresponsive cases,pure FSH/HMG along with hCG may be administered if ovulation monitoring facility is available.
If medical treatment is failed/resistant,then Laparoscopy is the best choice for treating ovarian cyst.Endoscopic cauterisation/CO2 vapourisation of multiple cyst is the procedure of choice.Pregnancy rate following diathermy is higher.So consult with your treating doctor/laparoscopic surgeon.
If above treatment fails to conceive,then need to undergo ART like IVF/IUI without wasting much time.
Do other things like control body wt by regular exercise,avoid stress by doing XXXXXXX breathing/yoga,control blood sugar (by periodic checking PPBS),use ovulation prediction kit to predict ovulation and prepare for that day,take Vit-E & Folic acid supplements regularly,maintain personal hygiene and need proper sleep.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish your wife for successful pregnancy.