Suggest weight loss option for a patient with hypothyroid also having plantar fascia and ENT issues
We spoke last month about my Hypothyroid situation (Query ID 358277). Since last 10 days, I'm having a severe cold, stuffy nose as a result breathing challenges. Yesterday I visited a doctor to discuss the same. Attached is his prescription.
Post our conversation last month, I started walking approximately 4kms per day as an exercise in an attempt to reduce weight. Due to this, mild pain in my foot aggravated for which I consulted an orthopedician. According to him, it is due to Plantar Fasciitis which is also due to excess weight. He recommended not to walk or take up any exercise which will put a load on foot. He recommended swimming.
According to the ENT specialist, I met yesterday, swimming with my current ENT situation isn't recommended. He is recommending to take up some alternate ways to reduce weight, maybe trying VLCC weight loss programmes. What is your recommendation?
Does my breathing issue needs a surgery? Dr. XXXXXXX recommended that as weight loss with Thyroid and other existing conditions is difficult. Should I take ENT help here?
really difficult situation for you.
I agree with all the doctors and also with you. A tough time indeed.
now taking one by one-
1. continue thyroxine
2. solve ENT infection in 5 days
3. tendon fascitis should also resolve in 7 to 14 days
4. diet and VLCC are good options
5. diet will always be there for all for life
6. medical management by liraglutide, metformin, orlistat can be added
7. bariatric surgery is another option.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
medical management of weight
1. injection victoza 0.6 mg s/c once a day
2. Tab metformin 500 mg thrice a day before meals
3. tab kilfat thrice , after meals.
all three or any one, or two can be started.
bariatric surgery can be considered after meeting a bariatric surgeon.
Dr. Minal Mohit
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest ideas for weight loss
- Hypothyroid weight loss with diabetes
- Hypothyroidism and weight loss success
- Suggest treatment for weight loss
- Biotin weight loss hypothyroidism
- Weight loss in thyroid patients
- Hypothyroidism treatment weight loss
- Hypothyroidism and weight loss
- Suggest a weight loss program for breast cancer patient
- Weight loss in lupus patients