Suggest ways to wean off Ativan
Hello, and thanks for your question.
The rule for weaning off benzodiazepines is to decrease by no more than 25% every 2 weeks, and sometimes as conservatively as no more than 10% per week. This should always be done under the supervision of a physician, never by yourself, because of risk of seizures and death. For you, a 25% decrease from 1.5mg would be 1.13mg nightly, and you are taking 1.25mg nightly, so this should be perfectly safe. The next decrease should be in 2 weeks, from 1.25mg to 1mg (a 20% decrease, which is safe). Your symptoms may get better as you go along, but a doctor can monitor your status and blood pressure and ensure safety.
Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.
In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to wean off ativan
- Weaning off ativan
- Symptoms of weaning off ativan
- Prescribed ativan for anxiety suggest
- Taken wellbutrin ativan xanax for anxiety without relief any suggestions
- Suggest alternative for ativan
- Otrivin and ativan
- Taking ativan for anxiety want self medication need suggestion
- Weaning off ativan side effects
- Weaning off ativan safely
- What other medication can show a false positive for Oxazepam and Temazepam?
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- Which genetic test predicts how effective psychiatric medication are at...
- What causes erectile dysfunction after kegel exercises?
- Suggest ways to wean off Abilify
- What do these PFT test results indicate?
- Suggest treatment for visual hallucinations
- Suggest treatment for borderline personality disorder
- How to rule out bipolar disorder?
- Suggest treatment for withdrawal symptoms of Hydrocodone