Suggest ways to treat pimples on the face
Inflammatory acne vulgaris. Oral and topical treatment
Dear Saritha. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
You seem to have inflammatory acne - red, papules and nodules.
I suggest you to use a topical antiacne preparation (1% Clindamycin and 5% Benzoyl Peroxide) e.g Clindoxyl gel, twice daily.
In addition to this you may take a tab Azithromycin 250mg once daily after dinner for 2 weeks.
Use a gentle cleanser e.g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion, twice daily.
These are prescription medications and I advice you to talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.
Treatment of acne requires follow up so I suggest you to kindly review after 2 weeks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pimples on face
- Suggest suitable treatment for pimples on face
- Suggest medication for small pimples on face
- How to treat pimples on face
- Suggest treatment for itching face and pimples
- Best way to treat meth pimples
- Suggest medicine for pimples on face
- Best way to remove pimple marks from face
- Suggest ways to reduce pimples
- Suggest the medication for pimples on face