Suggest ways to treat mouth sore marks

Dr. Anshumala Singh

Dentist

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Dental Health
Question: Hi I had a mouth sore in between upper and lower teeth before 80days. The sore has gone but the marks is not going. Pls help. I have uploaded the picture
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail required

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.
Thanks for sharing your concern.

Please provide following details to suggest better in this regard.
1.Do you have any other symptom like pain and irritation?
2.Can you briefly discuss about the type of lesion you had 80 days back?
3.What medication did you take to relieve the symptoms?
4.Do you have any problem related to upper last teeth?Any habits?

Awaiting response.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Anshumala Singh 36 minutes later
I had some pain and I am unable to open the mouth properly

I had a white lesion

I didn't take any medications.

I am having a red Colour mark near to the upper last teeth

I was chewing tobacco but now I stopped it
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Advised to see ENT specialist

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for reply.
The redness is due to infection in your pharyngeal tissues(posterior throat).Please see your ENT specialist and get antibiotics prescribed.

Secondly it appears to be recurrent in nature and thus should be treated by antibiotics.Once healed the scar tissue will automatically disappear.
Meanwhile you can do warm saline rinses twice daily.

Please let me know for further doubts.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Anshumala Singh 11 minutes later
Do I need to take any test??
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chronic pharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for reply.

I do not think you require any test presently.Please see your ENT specialist and start taking antibiotics upon consultation.Complete the antibiotic course and look for results.It should regress completely.

In case if you do not find any changes in the symptoms then definitely you should go for biopsy else not required.

Avoid All sorts of habits and lead stress free life.
Take nutritious diet and plenty of fluids,reduce spice intake for time being.
This should help.

For any further doubts,please let me know.
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Anshumala Singh 9 hours later
Thanks I have checked with three dentists. One is saying that it is a cheek bite due to stress and tension. The second dentist is saying that wisdom tooth is slowly developing. The third one is saying that is an infection due to lack of nutrition. I have also checked with a ENT specialist. He is saying it is nothing but an ulcer. I am really worried pls help me. Pls check my picture once again. I am really worried.
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics prescribed

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.
Thanks for reply.

I have, very carefully observed the image that you have sent.It shows signs of inflammation.That why I told you to visit ENT specialist.

Be sure it is not cheek bite. Rarely it could be due to erupting wisdom teeth.So even that requires a course of antibiotics.Please take that and see the results.Also do symptomatic treatment like warm saline rinses and use mouth washes.This will help.

Any test or biopsy is required only if antibiotics fails to treat a lesion.
so please go and see once for second opinion.

Stress aggravates many hormones in our body and leads to disaster.Therefore please do not be worried and Please do as per advised.It can be treated very well.

Hope it helps.Please let me know for further doubts.
Thanks.