Suggest ways to treat calluses

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 15 May 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: For how long should I stick the duct tape on the bottom of my foot callus in order to get rid off it?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It depends upon how long you want to get the benefit.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

You need to understand the purpose of use of duct tapes in case of foot calluses. Foot callus is thickening of the skin that occurs to reinforce the skin in case of excessive friction of walking. The duct tape reduces the friction and thereby minimizes callus formation. You need to use it as long as you want this action. But instead of long term use, I would prefer use of soft cushioned shoes with soles that adapt to the shape of your foot and thus minimize friction. You can discuss about it with your podiatrist.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Kunal Saha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E