Suggest ways to terminate pregnancy

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: effects of meftal spas in pregnancy?
i want to abort the pregnancy of 6 weeks but no doctor do this because of marriage institutions........... please help me as soon as possible..... i want at least a prescription of MTP kit.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
cannot be prescribed.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting the query,

Prescribing MTP kit online is not legally validated,
The MTP should be done under the medical supervision by a gynaecologist, by confirming the uterine pregnancy by performing an ultrasound scan.

Side effects of Meftal spas depend on amount of the dosage you are taking and side effects of short term treatment are not serious and mostly limited to acidity, but long term usage of this drug or abuse might have some serious side effects.

The list of some of the common side effects of Meftal spas include: Acidity, Gastritis , Constipation, Skin Rash, Edema and hives, Dairrhea, nausea and vomiting, Bronchospasm among other side effects.

Though there is not enough evidence that Meftal spas prevents pregnancy or causes miscarriage, Because Mefenemic acid is classified as category C drug for pregnancy and Dicyclomine is classified as Category B drug for pregnancy, this medicine should not be taken by pregnant women, unless advised by the Doctor otherwise.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 19 minutes later
now what can i do to abort my pregnancy........... its a kind of accident.......... please suggest any hospital in XXXXXXX area for abortion and i also want to quell this case .....after one month i will marry. please tell me something to do it......
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Any gynaecology clinic or hospital.

Detailed Answer:
Meet the local gynaecologist, I am from XXXXXXX i'm not aware of any hospitals in XXXXXXX as it is only 6th week they will guide you to get scan and prescribe the pills.

Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 25 minutes later
tell me the maximum period to abort the pregnancy.......?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
6 to 8 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
The maximum period for medical termination ie. only with tablets is 6 to 8 weeks. beyond that dilatation and curettage should be done.