Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

182 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest ways to tackle irrational anger and behavioral issues in children

Answered by
Dr. Diptanshu Das


Practicing since :2005

Answered : 3729 Questions

Posted on Fri, 7 Sep 2018 in ADHD
Question: my 12 years daughter is very disobedient.She back answers and is really very aggressive when I tell her anything.The point is she cannot accept no!she is fine with her friends.We have a younger daughter who is 5 ,and I feel she has a feeling of insecurity also.please suggest how should I tackle her,my wife is litteraly depressed ,because she cannot manage this behaviour and attitude!do we be strict with her?or be soft,there are many times when we have to stop her from doing things which are wrong and which we cannot do,but she would not listen to a no! !
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A step by step systematic approach needs to be taken

Detailed Answer:

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me tell you that such issues need a proper perception of the problem so that appropriate coping mechanisms can be developed. This can be done by taking her to a psychological counsellor. The psychologist may undertake psychotherapy or counselling to get a concrete grasp of the roots of the emotional instability and depending upon the scenario will be able to administer cognitive behavioral therapy to help in its resolution. You have rightly pointed out that the story in case of each individual is different and so are their fears and apprehensions. They therefore need an individualized treatment plan.

I understand that your wife is becoming unstable as a result of the behavioral aspects of your daughter. In such a case it would be best to go for a family counselling apart from the one to one sessions for your daughter.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Diptanshu Das
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on