Suggest ways to rule out sinus infection

Posted on Thu, 24 Aug 2017 in Dental Health
Question: HI I HAVE RECENTLY HAD 27 TEETH CROWNED.. I AM HAVING HEAVY SWEATING WHEN I EAT AND DULL PAIN IN MY GUMS AND JAWS,, I HAVE ALSO HAD SINUS ISSUES SINCE HAVING THE PROCEDURE

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably sinus infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

Well, as per your explanation it looks like you have a sinus Infection that can be secondary to any tooth Infection in upper jaw or any dental procedure that can perforate sinus floor..

At times it can be unrelated to any dental cause..

So it is better to consult an Emergency room and get evaluated..
A sinus x-ray can be advised for ruling out the exact condition of the sinuses and accordingly the treatment can be done..

For now continue the antobiotics as of there is Infection in sinuses antibiotics can help in resolving..
Also take anti inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen..

Hope this helps..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 3 hours later
What a sinus infection cause the heavy sweating during eating the top of my head sweats really bad when I eat
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gustatory sweating..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Sweating on eating is due to condition known as Gustatory sweating or Frey Syndrome which commonly occurs due to damage to the nerve of a major sweat gland known as Parotid gland..

In some cases it is a complication of Diabetes..

So for this it is better to consult a Neurophysician and get evaluated..

A thorough examination is a must to narrow down the cause and treatment can be done accordingly..

Please revert back for more queries..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 4 days later
I was tested for diabetes tested fine. Where is nerve that would cause the syndrome you mentioned located . And could it have been damaged during crowning or wisdom tooth extraction. If so how do you fix it.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Less possible due to wisdom tooth extraction.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
I do not think that wisdom tooth extraction must have caused this problem..
It is commonly seen due to trauma to the Parotid gland or any surgery done over parotid gland..
The nerve is located at the parotid gland that is present on either side in front of the ear..
Well treatment can be decided once the exact cause is ruled out.So better get it evaluated first..
Certain oral medicines and topical sprays can help in reducing sweating..

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist