Suggest Ways To Rule Out Rectal Prolapse
Dear Sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but rectal prolapse has been successfully treated in your age .. however, you need several tests to assess the viability of the tissues of the rectum, exclude the presence of ulcers , determine whether it is mucosal or full thickness prolapse and wether there is any associated colonic pathology before it can be descided which surgery is best for you..
Surgical options include rectopexy which is stabilizing th rectum back in its normal position or rectosigmoidectomy which is surgical removal of the rectum.. Also , correction can be done either by laparoscopy or by open surgery..
I hope you find this helpful. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Psoriasis and abscess perirectal
- Hydro cortisone 2.5% rectal
- Inflamed papillae rectal
- Play doctor rectal
- Hydrocortisone cream 2.5% rectal
- Incontinence tampon rectal
- What is a fishy smell from rectal
- My boston terrier is bleeding from rectal
- Copper taste smell itching rectal
- Pityrosporum folliculitis rectal