Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Suggest ways to rule out lupus

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1589 Questions
Hello! I have DNa H=60 , tiroides problems, renal affected, Lyme disease, high protein, low vitamin D,inflamation in bones and muscle with hard pain, pulmonary problems, do I Have lupus? Am I In risk?
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lab reports

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for question. I have gone through the reports. They are extensive and confirmatory to some extent.
I would like to address all your concern wrt to lab reports attached.

I have DNa H=60 ,
=== DNA histone is high

tiroides problems
== I assume it to be thyroid problem...I do not agree with the lab reports. THey are quite ok
, renal affected,
=== Why do you think so? I do not see a drop in GFR and low urine output per day

Lyme disease
=== It is not confirmatory. IGG for Lyme was not reactive only one band of it was reactive.
, high protein, low vitamin D,
=== Vitamin D is around 29pg/dl which is not very low. You do not need treatment for it. Just increase your sun exposure.

inflamation in bones and muscle with hard pain,
==== How do you know you have inflammation in bones and muscles. The hsCRP is high but that could be due to Anti dsDNA antibodies showing Lupus.

do I Have lupus? Am I In risk?
=== You seem to have laboratory confirmation of Lupus antibodies because you have high anti dsDNA antibodies. So please confirm clinically by Rheumatologist or Immunologist locally.
It can be treated if early intervention done.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest ways to rule out lupus 18 minutes later
I AM very happy yo hear that food answer, but I think that you after that the diagnóstico of lupus is real. WHAT I have to do right now yo fight again the lupus. And how you explain the Paine un articulaciones, legal, hijos ,bones. Ay all, what I suposse ti do for my health right now?
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rheumatologist consultation

Detailed Answer:

The pain and the other musculoskeletal issues you have should be consulted by a Rheumatologist.
Anti dsDNA is a standard and specific test for Lupus though there are false positives. So clinical opinion is important in such cases, hence I suggest you to get Rheumaology consult.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor