Suggest ways to rule out lung cancer

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 9 Nov 2017 in Cancer
Question: A pictorial chart in my doctor's office stated lung cancer is very difficult to detect. Why is this?
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
give some more info please

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HealthcareMagic.

I can understand your concern but could you kindly give me some more info about your symptoms regarding? For example cough breathlessness

In order i help you correctly

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Jnikolla 19 hours later
My lungs are in pre-cancerous condition from Wegener's granulomatosis and toxic mold and asbestos exposures, but I am just asking on general bases as regards the challenge of detecting lung cancers.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
continue discussion

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

According to the history you provide the most dangerous factors in your case are the mold and asbestos exposure .Usually amd theoreticaly speaking the probability of lung cancer is supposed to be after 20 years of chronic exposure .

The best thing you can do is to avoid the above factors and to be well and correctly treated for the Wegeners too.
Don't smoke and avoid passive smoking too.

The hereditary is very important for lung cancer. If you have any relatives wih lung cancer you should be more prudent in controlling it during your lifetime

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vishesh Rohatgi