Suggest ways to rule out esophageal stricture

Question
I assume I have an esophageal stricture, although I had not sought medical help. The usual pattern is: a piece of meat or falafel becomes lodged in my throat, and I am uncomfortable. I go in a bathroom and drink water until it slides down or I vomit it up.

Yesterday I had a worse episode. I had some general Tso chicken stuck in my throat, it followed the usual pattern at first. I drank water and vomited it out. But I continued to feel off for about 12 hours. Each time I would sip Gatorade, eat a bite of banana or a bite of a plain cookie it came right back up, I slept a little ang had to get up a couple times to throw up Gatorade that I sipped because I was About 1 am I woke up and had a normal heel movement. I drank a few sips of gtorade because I was parched. That came right back up, along with some bile. Then at about 3 AM I woke up and I could tell I was ok. Some thin I have drunk Gatorade, are 2 croissants, and taken my regular evening meds with no problems. What do you think? Did I just happen to get a stomach bug the same day the chicken got stuck? I haven’t sought edical help for my esophageal stricture because I have other health problems and I just didn’t want to deal with another doctor. (Breast CA 2015, abdominal and inguinal hernias 2014, ongoing fibromyalgia/ rheumatologist visits, ongoing hypothyroid with ndocrinologist visits, ongoing bipolar disorder, manic type,,psychiatric visits.

But as long as it was once per month and lasted 30 minutes, I could ignore it. But if this 12-15 hour thing happens again, I will definitely have to have it checked out.

My question is: Do you think this was a fluke maybe food poisoning or a stomach virus , or likely to happen again?
Fri, 1 Jun 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Endoscopy recommended

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. This does not seem to be an isolated event and I do not think this is due to a stomach virus, so I advise you to not leave it at "just water and hope", so I strongly recommend you have an upper GI endoscopy first thing.

I hope this answers your question. You are welcome to ask further questions.

Wishing you good health and all the best.