• question-icon

Suggest ways to rule out epilepsy

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My adult son has a small head but is completely functioning. When he was small, he would bang his head on the floor. He says he is angry all the time. My grandmother on my moms side,had epilepsy. He has abused alcohol and drugs. He is hyper active, and also has problems sleeping. What can be done to help him.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs a brain imaging/Neurological evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

I can understand that he is angry all the time, hyperactive and has problems having sleeping.However, so far, the history does not mention of any seizure like episode.

I believe, however, a brain MRI would be needed to explain the cause of small head and all these behavioural symptoms. A physical examination by a neurologist will be of help.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist