Suggest Ways To Rule Out A Liver Abscess
Could be due to Liver abscess...
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..
I read your question completely and have understood it well...
1. Firstly, I'd appreciate that you have given a good description of your problem.
2. I strongly feel it might be due to Liver abscess...
3. Please get an ultrasound abdomen and we can know what exactly it is for sure...
4. Later, we can treat the cause...
Hope this helps you.
In case you need further assistance, please contact me back.
Better to get an Ultrasound Abdomen
Hi, and Thank you for getting back.
Yes, you are right to some extent, though liver abscess occurs mostly in alcoholics. It can even occur in non-alcoholics as well...
So, in my opinion, the best option for you is to get an Ultrasound Abdomen as it'll clarify the scenario further (also will help to pinpoint the diagnosis)...
Hope this helps you...
Very minimal chance that it can be an inflammation
Thank you for getting back...
The liver usually won't get inflamed easily unless there is some kind of cause like abscess/infection again...
It's ok you can get a scan on Monday itself.
But, do take simple paracetamol instead Ibuprofen for pain.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ultrasound showed baby to enlarged liver
- Right rib deformed from enlarged liver
- Tinnitus and liver
- Kidney stone uric acid enlarged spleen and liver
- Trimetazidine side effects on liver
- How long to live once cancer spreads to bones and liver
- Trouble sleeping on right side liver
- Difference between alcoholic and nonalcoholic fatty liver
- Discrete and confluent hypodensity in liver
- Liver appears enlarged and heterogeneous may be fatty liver