Suggest ways to rule out IBS

Gastroenterologist
Question
I got done wit a colonoscopy. The doctor removed 2 small polyps. He did not show any concern afterwards. He stated probably have it again in 5 years. I have not heard a thing back for several weeks. He did check for possible IBS. Is this a good sign that he has not gotten back to me quickly?
Thu, 10 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Biopsy of polyp has to be done.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question and understand your concern
Firstly the doctors should have sent the specimens of removed polyp for histopathological investigation to rule out nature of polyp i.e whether its benign or malignant.
As a rule of thumb polyps less then 10 mm in size are usually benign however a biopsy report should always be done for final verdict.
Please attach reports of biopsy for any further professional advice.Most likely your biopsy reports are normal otherwise he would have gotten back to you.

Waiting for reports,
Regards!