Suggest ways to reverse the tanning effect on skin

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Doctor,

Since last 3-4 years, my skin is getting Sun tanned continously. I work in an IT company & rarely go out in Sun (except traveling).
Need you advice to reverese the tanning effect and get back to my natural face tone.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kojic acid cream based cream, sunscreen and antioxidant capsule

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
I can understand your concern but to reverse the tanning you need to apply cream based on kojic acid on the affected areas twice daily.
Various preparations containing kojic acid are available in the market like kojivit cream, kojiglo cream, clearz plus cream or kojitin cream.
You can use either of the above on the tanned areas twice daily.
All are equally good.
Along with this use a broad spectrum sunscreen like la shield sunscreen gel or suncros soft gel on the entire sun exposed areas during the day time at intervals of 3-4 hours and take antioxidant capsule like antoxid HC capsule or oxidon plus capsule or exerge capsule once daily for 10-12 weeks.
This all will help in reversing your XXXXXXX
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Thanks doctor. Just wanted to tell you that my skin is oily.So any specific cream that I should use for suntan?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Welcome!!

Detailed Answer:
These medicines will work for oily skin as well.
All the best!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj