Suggest ways to replace missing tooth

Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in General Health
Question: what is best technique for replacement and tooth, cost, side effects ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
RPD, FPD, implant supported prosthesis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the missing tooth is concerned, it can be replaced with either a removable(RPD), fixed partial denture(FPD) or with an implant..
The cost of RPD for a single tooth may vary from 1500 to 2000rupees. The FPD cost may vary from 10000 to 20000rupees depending upon the material used(metal or ceramic). Implant supported prosthesis will cost you around 50000 to 60000 rupees.
Each treatment modality has its own side effect or disadvantage.
RPD has to be removed before going to bed and should be stored in a water container. If you don't maintain there are chances of developping fungal infections.
FPD requires tooth preperation of two adjacent teeth to replace one missing tooth, so unnecessarily we need to trim the adjacent teeth.
Implant is best where we place a screw kind of material in the bone and over that we place a tooth. But for this you need to have sufficient bone support and it's expenssive.
Based on the description of the problem provided by you, these are the treatment modalities. If you can upload the images of the area of interest and describe your problem in detail, I can give you exact treatment plan.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina