Suggest ways to remove food object stuck in the throat
In his esophagus and it will not move through. It has been almost 45 minutes now. Any suggestion how to get it to move through.
Hello and thank you for your question.
Drinking water is the best way to get food to move down the esophagus. If it does not move that could mean that there is an obstruction. If this does not resolve soon he should go to emergency or urgent care for an evaluation.
If he is experiencing shortness of breath then you need to call an ambulance to take him to emergency.
If he is not short of breath but just uncomfortable, then you can have him drink some more water but if it is not moving then he needs a doctor evaluation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Food stuck in throat tonsillitis
- Food stuck in childs throat
- Remove food stuck in throat
- Is there a way to remove food stuck in the throat
- Food stuck in throat pockets
- Food stuck in throat and adenoids
- Pharyngitis food stuck in throat
- Pregnant food stuck in throat
- Object stuck in throat
- Feeling food stuck in throat