Suggest ways to remove excessive abdominal fat
I am having excessive fat in my abdominal area. Though after controlling my diet, my weight is still not reducing. My height is 5'9 and my weight is in between 88-92 kgs. When I did a check up last month its being found that I have an Fatty Liver Grade II. Am taking Evion Vitamin E Omega 3 Fatty Acids tablets and reduced my food intake but still am not able to reduce my weight which my doctor asked to bring it down to 75-80 kgs. Due to my work nature, am not able to dedicate more time to exercises/fitness programs. Please Advise.
As detailed below.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
I have read your history carefully and understood your concerns.
To Recapitulate: Male/30 - BMI 29+ - excessive fat in abd area - Fatty liver grade II - noted medications you are taking - Doctor advised to reduce the weight to 75-80 - reduced food intake - weight not reducing - unable to dedicate more time for exercise due to nature of work - wants advise:
My thoughts as per the history you have provided:
- Weight reduction by diet control is not much successful as the body will shade of the excessive fat very slowly by dieting alone.
- All the foods we convert have the combination of carbohydrates, proteins and fat. Hence by reducing the diet as a whole alone does not help as these components once absorbed by intestines are converted to assimilable parts by the liver as per the requirements of the body. For example the extra carbohydrates or sugar gets concerted to fat by the liver.
- So try to reduce the intake of carbohydrates and particularly anything that contains sugar helps better.
- No oily/fried food at all.
- As explained above, for removal of the excessive stores from the body, it has to be spent/utilized and this is possible by regular exercises. You can certainly devote more time and do the exercises which utilize more calories in short time under the care of the trainer can assist you the best. It may not be time consuming if you get a proper trainer who understands the needs for weight and fat reduction.
- Fat does not have much weight hence the weight reduction is not proportional to the fat one looses in the initial period.
- So stop worrying about this aspect, you will get results over time with persistent diet control and more exercises.
I can assist you more if you tell me some details:
- Nature/profile of your job
- City of job and the distance from your residence to the place of job.
- Your willingness to use cycle
- Distance of fitness center from your residence or place of job
- Availability of a Dietitian
- Measure of the abdomen at the level of umbilicus, at the thigh and at the arm at a fixed point- in cm.
- Genetic predisposition means with whom do you match the most as for height, weight, face, fat deposition, body status with. This is to know the genetic following. This decided the effectiveness of the fat and weight reduction program.
I hope this answer helps you, please give feedback so that we can come to an agreeable and most effective combination for you to get the results.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fat liver excess saliva
- Suggest some exercises for abdominal fat reduction
- Symptoms for excess fat globules
- Excess fat globules in faeces
- Excessive fat globules in stool
- Suggest ways to remove friction burn scarring on penis
- Pain in and around the ribs due to excess abdominal fat
- Suggest suitable way to reduce tummy fat
- Excess fat in stool
- Become fat natural way