Suggest ways to regulate irregular menstrual cycle

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I heard that if we get period four times in a year then it's fine... is it true ??
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Irregular menses

Detailed Answer:
It is not so . You should be getting your menses each month and regularly.If you have irregular cycles then you need to be investigated to rule out other common causes of irregular menses or delayed menses after ruling out pregnancy ,like PCOD or polycystic ovarian syndrome, hypothyroidism and hyperprolactinemia.
You should get a hormonal profile and an ultrasound pelvis done to evaluate the above treatable possibilities.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 20 hours later
Ok thanks for reply
I'm planning for baby... last 2 cycle doctor prescribed siphene medicine
She told if this cycle fails then I have to take siphene and then FSH injection for 4 days

I would like to know how FSH helps ? if taken or not taken with siphene
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
FSH is follicle stimulating hormone and is advocated along with Siphene from day 7 till day 12 , in cases of siphene poor responder cases , i.e if the follicles do not develop inspite of siphene administration. You can go ahead with fsh , but you need to get regular follicular monitoring to establish growth of follicles after administration to decide when to stop to avoid hyperstimulation syndrome.