Suggest ways to reduce weight

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Ayurveda
Question: 28 F 69 kg, 156 cm
Is it OK to have lemon honey water in the morning on empty stomach for weight loss
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lemon water and pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for raising your concern and following is my opinion after reviewing your case history from other questions asked from eminent Physician(s)

1. Since Lemon is a major source of nutrient [Vitamin C (major), Vitamin A, flavinoids, Vitamin B6,copper,iron,magnesium,phosphorus,riboflavin] all of which are vital nutrients for the growth and development of fetal health. But do note that in high amount, citric acid can cause heart burn resulting in acidity.

2. As Lemon checks the excess flow of bile and work as mouth freshener thus helps in relieving the morning sickness [nausea] BUT the citric acid in lemons may damage the teeth enamel leading to dental problems so avoid consuming the same on regular basis [gargling and rinsing should be done to minimize effect of lemon water on enamel]

3. Take Lemon water at room temperature only since taking ice cold lemon water can make you susceptible to cold.

4. Before starting with any Regime you should talk with your health care provider regarding the pros and cons and then act accordingly.

Dr. Munish
Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee