Suggest ways to reduce weight

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: hw can I reduce my weight, m 36yrs, height is 5'2 n my weight is 70kgs
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
LIFESTYLE MODIFICATION A MUST

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

I have read your query,feel concerned to answer you.

Weight reduction is very essential to keep heart diseases at bay.

Your currently overweight.Your expected weight should be around 60kgs.So you need to drop your weight by 10 kgs.

This reduction should be carried slowly(gradual process) over a period of atleast 3-4 months.

The ideal body mass index for your age is 21.9,so keep your BMI at around this value.

Have a regular brisk walk for 20min daily for atleast 5days of week.

Complete avoidance of junk and fat full foods.

Keep your daily fat intake to less than 20% of total calories.

Do not exceed total calorie intake of 2200cal to 2600cal a day.

Consume diet rich in protein.ex fish,egg,soya beans.

Daily breakfast with oat meal 40 gms taken in milk can produce faster results.

Keep yourself hydrated with adequate water of 3-4 liters of water a day.

Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.

Consume foods like avacado,baby onions,mushrooms,white garlic,spinach to improve your HDL cholesterol(good cholesterol) and lower LDL cholesterol( bad cholesterol).

Include more fruits in your diet.

Consume 90% meal at your home.

Avoid white foods.

Get most of your calories before noon.

Above all be very confident and compliant.

I hope this info is quite helpful to you.
Wish you a good health,
Thank you,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari