Suggest ways to reduce glucose level
It appears you do not have diabetes and I do not see any medication for it listed either.
This fasting glucose of 120 is consistent with a diagnosis of Pre diabetes.
However there are ways to confirm this through other tests such as
Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
Sometimes, people are diagnosed with diabetes with the help of the above alternative tests even though fasting glucose is not enough to make a diagnosis of diabetes as is the case with you.
Regardless the recommended way to approach this situation is to eat healthy, increase physical activity and lose 5-7% body weight if you are overweight/obese.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically order the following blood tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:
CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your 3 month glucose average)
Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine)
25 hydroxy Vitamin D
None of these tests require any fasting and can be done at any time of the day
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High glucose levels with chemotherapy
- Reduced glucose tolerance sweating
- A healthy way for healthy glucose levels nutrilite glucose health
- Diabetes overheating and glucose levels
- Suggest treatment for high blood glucose levels
- Suggestion for high glucose ac level
- Why is victoza not reducing the glucose level
- Level of glucose in glucose drip
- My glucose level is at 148
- Glucose level 365
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...