Suggest ways to reduce fat deposition in chest and abdominal area

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: Hi.... m getting marry in 4months... now m at 64 kg..... my age is 30.... so I want to reduce my chest and tummy....... request your suggestion on the same
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Low calorie diet with regular cardio exercises.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic,

Your weight is 64 kg which is not that as high so that you need to bother much but yes,if you want to reduce some extra fats on your chest and tummy especially just before marriage then diet and regular exercises would be the best to do so as everyone will want to look best during the wedding ceremony.

To lose extra body fat, you must expend calories through regular exercises and eat fewer calories.

When it will be done consistently, you'll end up with a daily caloric deficit and you may reduce weight 2 to 4 kg every month with reduction of chest and tummy fats.

For that, I am sure you can find a good diet plan from a nutritionist but here i will give you some tips regarding diet and exercises which will be helpful to you.

1) Avoid high carbohydrates and fatty foods,take high protein diet.

2) Avoid oily sabjies and ghee on chapati.

3) Avoid outside foods and even ice-cream strictly.

4) Take as much as water in a day as it is flushes the all system from metabolic wastes and toxins.

5) If you want to snack, make sure it is healthy, low fat, low calorie snack.

6) Eat more fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grain products.

7) Do not skip meals, you will end up in overeating later.

8) Start your day with a healthy breakfast. Doing so will make you feel less hungry throughout the day.

9) Avoid late night snacking.

10) Complete your dinner 2-3 hours before going to bed.

11) Keep a record whatever you eat. Plan meals a week advance and stick to it.

12) Replace coffee or tea with black tea or green tea.

13) It would be best to see a doctor and get physically examined before starting any particular weight loss regime.

14) Do not use any weight losing pills.

15) Start regular cardio exercises like brisk walking, jogging, tread mill, cycling or swimming for about 30 to 45 min which is considered ideal for weight loss and to loose extra fats.

You may start with 15 minutes initially and gradually add 5 to 10 minutes every day to reach 45 minutes.

16) Try sit ups and abdominal crunches to tone up the abdominal muscles.You can also join some local gym nearby to your house so that your abdominal wall strengthening exercises can be practiced under professional guidance for faster and safer improvement.

Hope this detailed information will be helpful.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad