Suggest ways to reduce abdominal fat postpartum

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: post pregrency delivery the belly is too big , c section was done. is the any belt to wear to reduce the belly or with diet.

please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It decreases by itself after sometime

Detailed Answer:
Hi

It is normal to have big belly for few months after delivery. If breastfeeding, then reducing one's diet is not advisable.

Once the female hormones start to get back into monthly cycle, the weight tends to get back into pre-pregnancy state. Breastfeeding is a natural and very effective way to reduce post-pregnancy fat.

Wearing the belt is not very effective. More effective is to do some tummy exercises, aerobic exercises, swimming, gym etc.

Some women opt for surgery called tummy tuck operation.

Dr Vaishalee