Suggest ways to prevent pregnancy after intercourse

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi doctor how to stop pregnancy I did sex with my husband last 25th and my period date is 30 or 1st but today date is 4th I still did not get my period I'm getting vomit sometimes and feel fainting some times if Im pregnant there is have any medicines to stop im from XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not safe to to terminate (stop) pregnancy without consulting a gynecologist

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome.
I can understand your concern.

Since the risk of severe bleeding, cramps or infection is very high, so it is not advisable for you to terminate the pregnancy at home. Hence, I would like to advise you to consult a gynecologist for your wish to not to continue pregnancy.

The gynecologist will do the proper clinical examination and an ultrasound scan be done. The duration of pregnancy should be confirmed by ultrasound and its location like it should be within the uterus. Pregnancy should be within 7 weeks and it should not be an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy.

The gynecologist will prescribe you a kit containing tablets of Mifepristone & Misoprostol
After taking full kit, abortion occurs anytime between 6 hours to 5 days.
This should be confirmed by doing an ultrasound scan.

Hope this answers your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 2 hours later
Thanks for your advice the trueth is I did sex with my boyfriend I feel that I could not go to clinic and check if that possible to abortion by taking medicine? And r u sure that I pregnancy since I heard that before period of 1 week and after 2 weeks of period if do sex there is no chance to get pregnant... As I mentioned earlier we did sex before period but the still I did not get period as I mentioned before
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Safe period is one week before and one week after the menses

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome back.
Thanks for your reply.

Fertile period (UNSAFE FOR HAVING SEX) lies between 8th to 21st day of your menstrual cycle, counting from first day if you have a regular cycle of 28 days.
Days other than this are considered SAFE, that is, the 1st-7th day of the cycle and then again from the 22nd to the 28th day.
If your period gets delayed, then get the home pregnancy test done to rule out pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D