Suggest ways to prepone menstruation

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I want to prepone my periods 4 days advance. Currenly I am in 21st day from my last period started. Is there any medicine to prepone now?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
High dose progesterone needed, yet may not work.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

If you have 28-day cycles, you are only one week away from your next natural period. This means that you have to consume high dose of progestogen to induce an early period.

Also, it is always easier to postpone a period rather than advance it. To advance, treatment should be initiated early enough in the cycle.

Please contact your health care provider for the feasibility and the prescription.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad