Suggest ways to postpone menstruation

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: My wife menses date this month "(September 23)
The next menses comes before (17_10_ 2015)what is do or what medicine is use for before menses happens
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No drug to prepone the periods, can postpone it

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Menstrual periods can be preponed if the oral contraceptive pills are started on the day 1 of the periods.
However, since that is not possible now, she can postpone her periods by taking norethisterone 5 mg a day from 5 days before the expected period to the day till she doesn't desires a period.
hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
wishing you both good health.
Dr Deepti Verma