Suggest ways to manage stress

Posted on Sat, 28 Jan 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I AM UNDER AN UNBEARABLE AMOUNT OF STRESS. I AM CURRENTLY ON KLONOPIN, PROSAC, AND ADDERAL. I AM A NURSE AND I FEEL I CAN BETTER CONTROLTHIS ANIETY IF I WERE PRESRIBED TWO BENZODIAZEPINES. The clonopin is my only relieve. Why cant I be prescribed a second benzo. I really feel I need it. I am miserable.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think you are taking maximum dose of BZDs

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I like to inform you that you are taking maximum possible dose of bendoziazepines and it will not be appropriate to either increase the dose or add some other benzodiazepines.

I understand your reliance on BZDs but it is likely to cause more harm than benefit. The better alternative is to increase the dose of Prozac or add some other antidepressant such Mirtazepine for better control of stress and anxiety.

I hope this answers you.
More health questions are always welcome.
Thanks again.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist