Suggest ways to manage spider bite injury
It needs proper care and treatment.
Welcome to health care magic,
I have read your query and saw the image.
If you are sure that its a spider bite then there might be pain or redness or swelling associated with it is expected.
Spider bites are usually not dangerous to life of a person but needs proper care and treatment.
Following measures are advised in case of spider bites soon after,
1. Clean the bite with mild soap and water.
2. Apply cold packs to the bite, to reduce pain and inflammation.
3. Take over-the-counter pain relievers or anti-inflammatory like motrin 400 initially three times daily and then as and when needed.
4. Observe the bite for signs of infection.
5. Intramuscular Tetanus toxoid injection must be taken.
If redness or warmth remains persistent then you will require topical antibiotic cream or ointment and you need to see some local doctor or GP who will examine the lesion and prescribe the appropriate treatment further.
Hope this will help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?