Suggest ways to manage side effects of Nuvigil
why has the FDA approved Nuvigil for insurance companies and not provigil?
Serious adverse events noted in Providgil.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Nuvigil action is almost similar to providgil, however, nuvigil has better action in keeping your alert longer compared to providgil.
2. This is the major reason Nuvigil is approved by FDA. Nuvigil is more of a purified form of providgil. Numerous life threatening complications are seen secondary to Providgil, so it is less used.
3. Dizziness and nausea is commonly seen with nuvigil. It will pass. Not to worry. Take adequate hydration. Check, if you blood pressure is normal. Its a stimulant and can increase blood pressure. If its normal, not to worry.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nuvigil side effects hair loss
- Side effect of nuvigil
- Is fever a side effect of nuvigil?
- Nuvigil vs provigil side effects
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of nuvigil?
- Nuvigil side effects weight gain
- Nuvigil sexual side effects
- Is rash a side effect of nuvigil?
- Is trembling or shaking of the hands or feet a side effect of nuvigil?
- Is difficult or labored breathing a side effect of nuvigil?