Suggest ways to manage pain when diagnosed with staph infections and concussion

Posted on Thu, 3 Nov 2016 in Mental Health
Question: Diagnosed with staph infections and concussion. Severe pain everywhere, started in joints this morning. Periods mental confusion, emotionally unstable. Can't keep down antibiotics. What do I do?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

A staph infection accompanied by mental confusion and emotional instability is very concerning for intermittent delirium, otherwise known as toxic metabolic encephalopathy. This is a serious problem and needs immediate medical attention. I would talk with your prescribing doctor about these symptoms and consider inpatient hospitalization for administration of IV antibiotics.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist