Suggest ways to manage pain after foot injury

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Injury to foot. Fell off a latter and foot got tangled. Pain is between 2nd and 4 th metatorsal. No swelling. Hurts when standing,walking or twisting. Hurts to the touch.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Here are some suggestions.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

If there is no swelling and you can put weight on it , its less likely to be a fracture but still it's usually advised to rule out fracture .

Further after ruling it out, here is what you do.

1) Wrap crepe bandage around it.
2) Rub brufen or diclofenac cream on it or bio freeze.
3) Tab ibuprofen 400 mg twice a day for pain.
4) Give your foot good rest dont stand or walk unless much needed.
5) it may take 10 to 15 days to reach normality.

There is nothing much wo worry time will heal.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..