• question-icon

    Suggest ways to manage and moderate sexual urges and high libido

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: hi,

Am recently had love marriage and we did not had sex before. After marriage, my wife lost sex feelings. my wife vegina is also small and am not able to insert penis completely into it. I had a lot of sexual feelings but since she dont have sex feelings, I lost interest and now my penis is not rising. before marriage I used to do hand job daily. What is the issue and how to resolve this.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
couple counseling is needed

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.

I get this type of question frequently from newly married couple. After marriage many couples, like you, suffer from difficulty in sex life. Sometime it will take 2-3 months to reach to normal sex life. Most of them do not have any physical problem. This happens due to fear or anxiety of either of the partner. Treatment is mostly couple counselling about sex.

In your case probably problem lies with your partner. She has lost sex feelings and we need to evaluate that aspect. Your problem of erection is secondary to this and there should not be any physical problem.

Masturbation does not affect sex life rather it helps sex. So no need to worry about your past habit of hand job.

To guide you further I need more information.

- Why your wife lost interest? Please ask her and let me know the details of her problem.

- What is duration of your marriage life and since when are you suffering from this problem? How was previous sex life?

- How did problem started? Any specific incidence was there?

- Do you pay more attention to erection while trying for intercourse or masturbation?

- Do you have any physical illness, specifically diabetes or high blood pressure?

- Is there any history of history of smoking or alcohol?

- Is there any difficulty in urinating?

- How is relationship with your partner? Any emotional or social problem is there?

- Is morning erection present?

- When did you do your last successful sex/masturbation?

I will be happy to help further after getting response.


Dr.Chintan Solanki

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later


Thanks for responding so quickly. Answers for your questions are

* Not sure why she lost interest in sex. Previously we did not have sex but we have a kind of foreplay where she responded well. After somedays it is gone.

* Marriage happended a month back. From the first night am facing this problem. Now I feel like I lost interest. Even I try am not getting mood and penis is not rising. Even it raises and when joining, am loosing interest may be because of my wife uninterest. I dont know.

* I dont pay more attention to erection while masturbating and erection happens very quickly.

*I dont have any physical illness and very strong

* I do have smoking and boozing but not much. Its like once in a while.

* No difficulty in urinating.
*My relationship with my partner is great. We love each other very very much.
*No morning erection
* 2 days back i masturbated.

Not sure why am also loosing interest on sex. Eventhough I have lot of feelings my penis is not rising. Am not like this before.

Am more worried about this. Kindly answer.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
your wife should be treated/counseled

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for information. You are getting erection quickly as well as you masturbate that means you are physically fine.

You are not aware that why your wife is not interested. And that aspect needs to be evaluated. Your lost interest only because she is not interested and that is the only reason for problem in erection.

Please discuss this issue with her gently.

- Does she have any pain while you enter penis?

- Is her hymen is intact?

- Is she scared about anything?

- Is there any gynaecological problem (menses irregularity, infection)?

Please revert back to me with answers.

If she is not able to talk with you please convince her for going to doctor for counseling.

All the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Answered by
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Hymen

doctor1 MD

Hello sir, I am age of 24 year. My gf s age is 19 year.. I tried to have sex more than 5 times but all the time we were failed because of pain......

doctor1 MD

hi i m a women of 28 yo.i have been married since 1 year.and we r having problem with the intercourse.whenever we have sex he ejaculate before the...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, im a 19 year old Virgin who had sex with my boyfriend for the 1st time last 4 days back...and I didn t bleed the 1st time we did...

doctor1 MD

Hello, sometimes when i masterbate only rubbing i get this white fluid with a little bit blood mixed and later i notice little bit blood on my...

doctor1 MD

After my first time sex i ve had tick periods thats are redish or brownish is this okay??

doctor1 MD

Can a guy bleed inside a girl? And does a guy have to have go all the way to the hymen to consider having actual sex

doctor1 MD

Hello, If a rape incident took place of a married female victim almost 2 months ago then is there a way to conduct a medical examination, gather...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Chintan Solanki
  • Q - Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for OCD

  • Q - Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation

  • Q - How to wean off of Trazadone?

  • Q - What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for anxiety

  • Q - What causes drowsiness during day time?

  • Q - Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation

  • Q - Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation