Suggest ways to lower diastolic blood pressure
try DASH diet
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
The goals for blood pressure were updated in 2014, for persons over the age of 60, the systolic should be less than 150 and the diastolic less than 90.
Your diastolic range is not stated above , you mentioned that it is an area of concern for you.
The systolic range of 148 to 154, this means that only the values that are higher than 150 are above the goal for your age.
Continuation of a healthy diet and activity is important.
Use a diet with foods containing calcium,potassium and magnesium. These have been shown to help reduce blood pressure.
A high fiber diet is also important using a wide range of fruits , vegetables and whole grain foods.
This use of these electrolytes and fiber is part of the DASH diet. (DASH- dietary approaches to stop hypertension).
It has been shown to be effective in helping with blood pressure.
If your blood pressure is still not in control despite a healthy lifestyle then medication may be needed.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower diastolic blood pressure
- Dangerous diastolic blood pressure
- How to lower diastolic blood pressure
- What is diastolic blood pressure
- Diastolic blood pressure and stroke
- Low diastolic blood pressure
- Elevation of diastolic blood pressure
- Diastolic blood pressure 63
- Diastolic blood pressure 91
- Diastolic blood pressure 110