Suggest ways to lose weight
Lifestyle modifications, medications and surgical options
Welcome to HCM. I have gone through the question and understand your concerns.
Please check your thyroid function, cortisol, HbA1c to see if there is a cause for weight gain.
If there are no medical illness, there are 3 options to have weight under control.
1. Lifestyle modifications
Diet : Frequent low calorie meals high in fibre and low in carbohydrates
Exercise : Regular aerobic exercise of 30-45 minutes a day
2. Medications ( If no improvement in lifestyle modifications or not able to do so)
Medicines like prostatic, qsymia etc are available for weight loss. But effect will be reduction of upto 5-8% of your current weight
3. Surgical options
Bariatric surgery - can definitely bring your weight down to normal levels. This is usually done for patients with body mass index above 32 kg/m2, especially those with diabetes or joint pains due to weight gain.
Hope I have answered your questions. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help you.
Dr Ajish TP [MD,DM]
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is rowing a good way to lose weight
- Suggest ways to gain weight
- Illegal ways to lose weight
- Suggest the ways of loosing weight
- What is the best way to lose weight
- Ways to lose weight with a heart disease
- Suggest a quick and healthy way to lose weight
- Suggest ways to lose post pregnancy weight
- Need suggestions on losing weight in a healthy way
- Suggest ways to lose weight