Suggest ways to lose weight postpartum

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi,

I have delivered my first child two months ago and have put on 22kgs during pregnancy. I am breastfeeding her and am worried if a strict diet plan may affect the production of breast milk in my body. I would like to know what can be done to shed the extra weight in terms of my diet.
please advice.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Now is not the right time

Detailed Answer:

It is not recommended for a lactating woman to diet, as it not only hampers the quantity of the breast milk but it also affects the nutrients reaching the baby.

The weigh gained during pregnancy can be easily lost with not so strict diet plan once the breast feeding is stopped.

Do not hesitate to bite those extra calories which the body asks for. It may not be your desire but baby's need.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T