Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
Please provide further information
I can certainly understand your concern
Before guiding you further, I would like to know the following
1. The age of your wife?
2 . Is there any associated menstrual cycle irregularities or thyroid gland disorders?
3. Did she take any tests like Ultrasound scan of the abdomen?
4. When was the weight gain first noticed?
I will guide you further once I receive the answers.
no irregularities in menstrual cycle
thyroid test was ok
after my delivery before 5 yrs
Lifestyle modification should be the main stay of treatment initially
I received and noted your response.
Weight reduction should be a gradual process
The ideal weight in your case should be in the range of 55 to 60 kgs.
In the initial course it's advisable to reduce the 20 to 25 kgs gradually over 3 to 6 months.
Conservative measures_ Diet and lifestyle modification should be the corner stone in the initial 3 to 6 months.
Medications are required only if there is no improvement noted after 6 months.
Limit the total calorie intake to less than 1800 kcal/day
Consume oatmeal daily for breakfast
Avoid fried and fatty food stuff
Include green leafy vegetables on daily basis
Regular exercise( brisk walk) for 20 minutes a day for 5 days a week.
Limit intake of high calorie diet.
Include chapati/pulka for dinner.
Get the following tests and review with reports
1. Fasting lipid profile
2. Thyroid profile ( if not taken in the last 3 months)
3. Fasting and post prandial glucose estimation.
4. Ultrasound abdomen scan
Review with reports to determine further course of action
Post your further queries if any
can u please share the diet chart..
Diet chart provided
I apologise for the delayed response owing to my hectic work schedule.
I am here providing you with the required duet chart.
Early Morning (6:30 – 7:30 a.m) 1 cup fenugreek soaked water
Breakfast (7:30 – 8:30 p.m) 4 idlis with 1 cup sambar and ¼ cup coconut chutney + 1 cup green tea + 3 almonds
Mid-Morning (10:00 – 10:30 a.m) 1 cup milk/soy milk or fruit juice( pomegranate or orange juice)
Lunch (12:30 – 1:00 p.m) 3 rotis + 1 serving of white rice + 1 cup dal + 1 cup mixed vegetable curry or chicken curry + 1 cup salad + 1 cup buttermilk (after 20 minutes)
Post Lunch (3:30 – 4:00 p.m) 1 cup bean sprouts, 20 peanuts with salt pepper and lemon to taste Or 1 cup cucumber and carrot slices
Dinner (7:00 – 7:30 p.m) 3 rotis + 1 cup mixed vegetable curry / chickpeas / fish + ½ cup yogurt + ½ cup salad + 1 cup warm milk with a pinch of turmeric before bed.
This diet will ideally keep the total calorie intake to less than 1800 per day.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to reduce weight in a healthy way
- Illegal ways to lose weight
- Need healthy way to reduce weight
- Need suggestions for healthy diet to lose weight
- Suggest a quick and healthy way to lose weight
- Want diet plan to lose weight in a systematic manner
- Healthy supplement to lose weight
- Suggest ways to lose post pregnancy weight
- Suggest ways to lose weight
- Need suggestions on losing weight in a healthy way
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails