• question-icon

Suggest ways to lose weight around the stomach

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Over the last several months I have noticed weight gain of about 10 pounds that i can't seem to lose and my abdomen is very large. I am about 30 pounds overweight so I thought I was just getting fatter. My primary area of weight gain has always been my belly. However, I went to the dr recently and he said I am retaining fluid in my abdomen. He ordered an abdominal xray and I am waiting for results. I also recently had a lifespan screening and my creatine clearance is low and GFR couldn't be calculated from the creatine result. I also have had low urinary output and on some days slight back pain. I have had 2 UTI's this past year and haven't had any in 30 years. I am very worried I have kidney disease or bladder cancer. I am a smoker and a big caffeine drinker.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you upload these results for review?

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your information fully. Th possibility of kidney disease is high. No one can accurately say whether it is a bladder cancer or not. However, I will like to review these numbers to see what the real story is. This way, I can provide a personalized and helpful response to you.

Excess weight gain over a short time period often suggests that there is fluid accumulation. The most common causes of fluid accumulation are the kidneys, liver and heart. If the renal function test and urination are reduced, this is certainly high on the list but not the only possibility.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Chobufo Ditah