Suggest ways to increase vitamin D3 levels

Rheumatologist
Question
I AM DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR A WAY TO GET VITAMIN D3 INTO MY SYSTEM. MY LEVELS ARE RUNNING AROUND 24 RIGHT NOW AND THE JOINT ACHES, BOUTS OF DEPRESSION, CHRONIC FATIGUE, ETC., ARE REALLY KEEPING ME FROM FUNCTIONING IN A NORMAL MODE. I HAVE GI PROBLEMS, SO I HAVE TRIED EVERY DROP AND PILL, AND MOUTH SPRAY AND THEY ALL BOTHER MY STOMACH REALLY BAD. MY DR. KNOWS THERE IS AN IV PREPARATION, BUT SIDE EFFECT IS GI BLEED-----NOT ANYTHING EITHER ONE OF US WANT TO DO. IS THERE AN IM OR CREME PREPARATION THAT ANYBODY KNOWS ABOUT???????????? THANK YOU, FOR YOUR TIME.
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Healthy Living

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
intramuscular preparation

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

You need to take intramuscular preparation of vitamin D, it can be taken weekly at buttocks. Also mouth dissolving tablet are there, you can try this.
meanwhile stay some time under sun and eat diet with high vitamin D, like milk etc.

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again
I wish you good health, take care
--Dr. Alok

Follow-up: Suggest ways to increase vitamin D3 levels 2 hours later
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE, BUT THE BIG PROBLEM IS--------WHERE DOES ONE EVEN FIND IM INJECTIONS? I HAVE ASKED MANY PHYSICIANS IN MY AREA AND THE HEAD PHARMACIST IN A CLOSE LARGE HOSPITAL AND NOBODY KNOWS WHERE TO FIND SUCH AN INJECTION. (?) WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO GIVE ME MORE DIRECTION, SO MY PHYSICIAN CAN LOCATE THIS MED? I AM IN THE XXXXXXX ME AREA. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
can get it

Detailed Answer:

I have used arachitol injections intramuscularly in my patients. I am not sure if its available at XXXXXXX You can try online or ask your pharmacist to contact XXXXXXX pharmacy. You may perhaps get it shipped there.