Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

164 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest ways to increase the sperm count

Answered by
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3773 Questions

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi doctor,
I had my semen analysis and it showed zero sperm count. How can I get the sperm count level to normal level.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Evaluation required

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about Azoospermia ( Zero Sperm Count).

I suggest you repeat semen analysis in a different standard laboratory.

Along with that you get following blood tests done and send me reports:

1) FSH.

2) Testesterone.

3) Prolactin

4) TSH.

I will go through the reports and let you know the further action.

If possible get a scrotal doppler ultrasound scan to assess your testes.

I will wait for your reports.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Azoospermia

doctor1 MD

hi i am from nepal, i am 32 of male and suffering from obstructive azoospermia. i did IVF Tesa but in nepal but no result. one of the doctor suggested me to go to sufdar jung hospital in delhi and meet urinary surgeon. can a urinary surgeon do surgery and make it better

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am 31 years old, My semen report:
volume:1 ml,
color: greyish White,
reaction: Alkaline (PH: 8.0)
Viscocity: viscid, opaque,
liqueefaction: 30 mins
sperm count: no sperms
Active: Nill
Slugglish:: nill
non motile:: nill>morphology::::
normal forms: nill
abnormal forms: nillother Findings::
pus cells:: 4-6/HPF
Epithelial cells: nill
Impression:: azoospermia<Could you please advice me based on my repor

doctor1 MD

i am a homoeopath. i am having small bilateral gynecomastia since10 yrs but i am not klinfilters patient. i am suggested to take evion 400 PO once a day with supradyn there any chances of having oligo/azoospermia with this gynecomastia.if it is there suggest me what should i do?

doctor1 MD

my husband has been diagnosed with azoospermia because of failure to correct undescending testicles.he has done TESE and no spermatozoid has shown. Is ther any hope for us to have our biological offsprings. I'm asking for bone marow transplant otherwise I don't see any hope. My husband is 41 an I'm 37 with regular periods.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Devastated women

doctor1 MD

I have testicular atrophy . No sperm count . 1.6 cms and 1.9 cms. Azoospermia . I'm taking now ayurvedic treatment for 3 years. Pls suggest me any medicine for recovery of testicular atrophy and to generate sperms production.

doctor1 MD

Hi Sir I had recently undergone Semen analysis . Twice I got NIL sperm count . I met an urologist . He ordered followig tests : USG scrotum TRUSS FSH/LH Testes FNAC USG Scrotum shows minor varicocele and TRUSS is normal.(Couldnt attach reports as...

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, I am planning to get pregnant.My husband is having very less count.We are trying from many days till now I couldnot conceive.I donot want to go for IVF.can u pls help me to cop with this situation. Thanks, XXXX