Suggest ways to increase testosterone levels

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hi,
Greetings from XXXX, age 28, male, body weight 72 kg, I am a geologist by profession, live in remote areas for a long time, occasionally smoke and drink alcohol, and mostly do not have a balanced diet. Food timing is irregular, non-vegeterian in nature.
I was diagonosed with cervical lyphnode tuberculosis, continued AKURIT 4 for 3 months, followed by AKURIT 4 for 6 months ( Before breakfast), along with Benadon 10 mg( Half tablet a day) and udiliv 300mg ( As my liver enzymes was higher). I continued this treatment for 9 months.
During the course of this treatment, I developed severe rashes over the whole body and mouth ulcers. My ANA came positive ( upto 1:80 dilution) and was suspected with SLE. I applied candid mouth paint with betnasol tablets inside the mouth which relieved me from mouth ulcers. For skin pigmentations CLOP-G,MONE cream along with GLOMINE,FOLIZONE and PARATAB ( I was developing white hair all over the body) was prescribed. Right now skin rashes has reduced but pigmentations have left over. I am applying LUMACIP and KOJIVIT together on face. GLOMINE, PARATAB, and two more supplements called TBOTINE and DIVIT-M is ongoing. Pigmentations over the entire body are persistent.
I suffered from low sexual drive and premature ejaculation, Testosteron was 104 ( below normal I guess), was injected Cernose injection to improve the level by an urologist. He also prescribed DAXID 50 and TAZZLE 20 for erectile dysfunctions, which I did not continue that time due to too many medicines.
Right now my blood tests are normal including CBC, SGOT/SGPT, lipid profile etc. did not check the testosterone level for last 6 months. Triglycerides are 236. Used LIPAGLYN and ROSUMAC-F 10mg 1 year before.
Now, my questions are,
1.     How to improve my testosterone level, without any major side effects? I want to have a better sexual health, higher libido with proper erection.
2.     Any precautionary measure to avoid side effects of aforementioned medications?
3.     How to reduce the pigmentations from the entire body?
4.     Do I need any psychological test to understand whether I have any anxiety or obsessive disorders?
Please help...
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Questions answered sequentially

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query. You have unnecessarily added the same content as attachment. Let me try to answer your questions one by one:

1. The following steps can help you increase your testosterone levels:
Lose Weight.
High-Intensity Exercise like Peak Fitness (Especially Combined with Intermittent Fasting)
Consume Plenty of Zinc.
Strength Training.
Optimize Your Vitamin D Levels.
Reduce Stress.
Limit or Eliminate Sugar from Your Diet.
Eat Healthy Fats.

The following link should be useful for you:
http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/07/27/increase-testosterone-levels.aspx

The other method would be to supplement testosterone outright in the form of tablets or injections. A careful evaluation would be needed to assess if stimulation of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and leutinising hormone (LH) need to be done as these trigger testosterone release.

2. No specific precautions for worth mentioning for testosterone supplementation.

3. The pigmentations are likely to be due to androgen excess and that could be due to lack of testosterone. In such a case testosterone supplementation could make a difference.

4. Rather than a psychological test to evaluate for anxiety, it is better to go for stress relief. This involves lifestyle modification and avoidance of stress. You yourself can do it. Yoga and meditation can help.

If you still feel apprehensive, visit a psychiatrist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak