Suggest ways to increase facial hair growth

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hello Doctor:

I have less facial hair growth and feeling very annoyed due to that, causing hard to face society.

I consult a doctor and provide me the below prescriptions to try out for a month to see any improvements.I don't see much change over.
Hormone is normal.
1.Topaz 3
2.morr f 5% solution

Could you please suggest me a remedy which works really well for me.
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
About less facial hair treatment;

Detailed Answer:
Some men just can’t grow beards, no matter how hard they try. They have what one might call “perpetual baby-face syndrome.” This isn’t a real medical condition, but many men suffer from it nonetheless.

In general, most males have around the same level of testosterone. Men who grow thick beards are more sensitive, or responsive, to testosterone than their baby-faced peers.
In other words, the capacity to grow a beard has nothing to do with manliness, virility or testosterone levels, and everything to do with genetics.
The treatment you are taking is effective mainly in hair loss rather than in growing the beard. They consist in increasing the blood supply of the hair follicle and have an antiandrogenic effect. In most of the cases are ineffective.

You may discuss with your treating physician regarding to testosterone treatment ( even though your testosterone level is normal), sometimes increasing the testosterone level can result in increasing the sensitivity of the hair follicle to testosterone.
Of course, your treating physician will inform you about the risks and profits and decide rather to start treatment or not.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Mirjeta Guni 57 minutes later
thanks for your time& response. Any other treatment in short notice
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I wouldn't recommend other treatment;

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back!
I wouldn't suggest to try any other treatment except of testosterone, of course with the approval of your endocrinologist.
Best wishes,
Dr.Mirjeta