Suggest ways to increase breast milk production
Need more information regarding the baby and feeding
Hi..... I understand your concern as a mother. But I need more information regarding the baby and her feeding habits before suggesting you what to do.
My questions -
1. What is the exact date of birth of the baby?
2. What is the baby's birth weight and current weight?
3. How many times is the baby passing urine per day?
4. Is there any Diarrhea or loose stools or vomiting for the baby?
5. Does she vomit out every time or is there occasional vomiting only?
kindly get back to me with answers to the above questions so that I can guide you further scientifically.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Here are the details
Dob - 6 march 2016
birth weight 3.1 kgs current weight last taken on 8 XXXXXXX 5.8 kgs
4-5 wet diapers daily
No loose stools no vomittimg but stool is green in color
No vomitting usually - sometimes spits up little after feed
Other than this she is active, smiles and coos regulary, sleeps 1-2 hrs during the day and 4-5 hrs during the night at a stretch
Your baby is doing well - nothing to worry please
Hi.... thank you for the information and getting back promptly.
My assessment of your baby, after calculating her weight according to her date of birth is that she is doing excellently well. Not only that, you have given me a developmental assessment of the kid also by saying that she is active otherwise and coos well.
I want to reassure you that your baby is doing very well in spite of your feeling that her feeding is not adequate. The proof of this, is her excellent weight gain and her normal development. Her current weight according to the calculation is falling to nearby 50th percentile which is most appropriate even when compared to United States CDC standards.
My suggestions -
1. Stop bottle feeding.
2. Feed with Paladay or spoon.
3. Nothing to worry about green colored stools. Unless the kid's having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.
4. Her normal urination pattern is also a proof that she is getting her required volume of feed.
5. I would have considered the possibility of gastro oesophageal reflux if she had recurrent vomiting or if she did not gain weight properly or if she has lost weight considerably. None of these are present, so I suggest you to be rest assured and do not worry about her feeding pattern as the weight gain is excellent.
Hope this helps to put your mind at ease and my interaction has built up your confidence that your baby is doing very well. I will be glad to interact if you have any more doubts regarding this.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breast feeding on lactare to increase breast milk safe
- Suggest medication to increase the breast milk production
- Breast milk production
- What are the ways to increase breast milk after delivery
- Increasing breast milk production
- What can increase breast milk production
- Suggest remedy for breast milk production
- What to take to increase breast milk production
- Can pumping increase milk production in breast
- Best ways to increase breast milk production